Friday, March 12, 2021

March 12, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Flying.

This is certainly a good time to fly. The airline employees are pleasant and energetic. And they are delighted that you are flying with them and they let you know that fact. The planes fly on time. And they are clean. The airports are not crowded and the planes are not full. Now is the time to book a flight. Of course, people are still afraid to leave home so shelter at home. Too bad. This is a great time to booka trip on an airplane. Yesterday I watched carefully at the airport in Puerto Vallarta. I as taken to the gate by a nice young man who placed me in a chair looking directly at the gate. He left me the wheelchair in case I wanted to use it as a walker. And he said he would return to help mo on the plane. Insted of reading, I watched what was heppening at the work station. At first, no one as there, neither were many people waiting to board. I thought we might have a small number of passengers. Soon a young lady appeared wearing her American airlines uniform. She fiddled with machines and papers at the desk. Next appeared three young men with wheelchairs, waiting to take those needing help on the incoming flight. My fliht was to leave at 2:28. The time was 1:30 when the flight arrived and the people began walking down the hall, heading to the immigration. Their crew departed along with the three wheelchairs with passengers. Next several folks arrived and set up a table to check randomly selected hand packages. We were assembling more people to get my flight ready. Next came the next crew and got on the plane. My helper appeared a few minutes prior to boarding so I had him walk with me to the rest room, where he wathed over my bags while I went into the restroom. I decided it was a good idea for the future. My helper assisted me to my seat and put my bag in the overhead. I was set. Soon we were off. Yesterdays journey was as well orchestrated as any trip I have ever had. We left on time. The hundreds of people required to organize the trip all just appeared as if by magic. And we were off. I have never just watched carefully as the good folks went about their business. I did yesterday and was impressed. But i still arrived weary. Even though I arrived on time at 10:30, a Lyft driver came to pick me up to take me home after just a few minutes wait. He brought me right to the door, opened the lock and put my bags inside. Wonderful service from everyone from beginning to end on my jorney yesterday. I appreciated all their efforts.

No comments: