Saturday, March 13, 2021

March 13, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Puttering.

Bit by bit, I am getting things done. I have gotten smart. When I arrived Thursday night at 11:20, I did not do what I have done before, which is unloading all my bags, which leaves me very late going to bed. I merely removed the meds I needed before bed time. And I left everything else until the next day. So the first item of business was to put everything away from my cases. I travelled with a backpack, a rolling carryon full of medications and a checked bag with the books. So all three bags needed to be emptied and everything put away. Next I changed purses. I travel with a small purse so like to switch to my larger purse. And I put the Mexican money away, ready for next year. Late in the afternoon I started on the mail and opened the cards which I enjoyed. Today I was still puttering. My task today was to finish the sorting of the mail. Christina has already put the mail into categories so bit by bit I worked through the piles. I sorted while I watched the golf tournament which helps speed things along. And I sorted the magazines. I read Comentary, National Geography and The New Criterion. Now they are set beside my breakfast reading chair placed in reverse chronological order. My system is perverse but works for me. Now I must put away my own piles of things. And next week I must take the tax stuff to the CPA. Now I am ready to live here. I am almost completed the puttering. I even went for a walk in the neighborhood this afternoon. The Homeowners meeting is being held this week and I executed the proxi forms and gave them to my neighbor who is on the board. Whew. I had received two phone calls and one email reminding me to sign the forms immediately upon my return. Now I feel ready for anything that comes my way. Tomorrow I will have brunch with Christina and the girls at Sombra, a very good Mexican restaurant just across from the Renaissance. Monday I have a Pet scan very early. And Tuesday I have been invited to a birthday party for Virginia Mills who will be 13. The Mothers will drop off their girls and stay for cake and a visit while the girls will stay overnight. Life has come alive for me in Mississippi.

No comments: