Tuesday, March 16, 2021

March 16, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Birthday Party.

This afternoon at 4;00, Five girls gathered at the home of the Mills family to celebrate the 13th birthday of Virginia Mills. Molly was the only child that was not a cousin. I was invited with the mothers for wine and cake. The children were staying for dinner and to stay the night. The party may e the most enjoyable party I have ever attended. As the girls arrived, they stopped to say hello on their way to the bedroom and Virginia. I never saw any of them again. I could hear them talking and laughing. Meanwhile the four mothers and me got to spend a lovely hour and a half drinking wine and eating birthday cake and ice ream. We talked about the Arctic freeze air and how they survived. It was a pleasant visit with these wonderful young friends. I enjoyed their company. And then I had an added bonue. Christina was deiving me home. I suggested that we go out to dinner so Christina would not need to cook. As it was raining, she suggested to dine at the Italian restaurant in the Renaissance where the parking places are right in front of the restaurant. So we did. The food is delicious but usually we go there for lunch so neither of us remembered having dinner there. Our dinner was wonderful. Brushetta with crab meat and shrimp. Christina ordered scallops and risotto while I ate salmon and spinich. We ate cake at the party so we ate no dessert. But our dinner was fun and perhap so because it was unexpeted. And Christina got me home just after dark. I was expecting a pleasant time at the birthday party but with the added bonus of dinner with Christina my day was overflowing with joy. It was a wonderful welcome home to Mississippi. I appreciated every minute.

No comments: