Saturday, March 6, 2021

March 6, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Crackers.

I was not used to eating before going to bed. For years, Ken brought us a mug of Ovaltine to the bedroom where we sat in our chairs reading before going to bed. But we never ate anything. Then in the Spring of 2015, I needed to eat somthing while taking the chemotherapy Ibrance. The instructions were for me to take the Ibrance just before going to bed, along with something to eat. Up until that time, I had no trouble with indigestion but as soon as I ate before sleeping, I began to have stomach pains. I tried all sorts of different foods in an attempt to rid me of the indigestion, but nothing helped. Then I discovered crackers. For several years now I eat plain crackers while taking my Ibrance. It is plain and does not seem to make my stomach hurt. I use plain soda crackers. In Mexico, crackers are sold in small packages. I bought a large box of saltine crackers. Inside you find little packages of crackers. With the heat and humidity, crackers left in an open box leave the crackers soggy, so the individual packages are wonderful. While I have been here, I have gone through two big boxes of saltines. Now I must eat plain bread as I have only half of loaf in the fridge. My saltines are gone. The first few evening using a slice of dry bread was not appealing but last evening I ate a piece of toast. I eat half before the meds and eat the rest right after taking the meds. So far no problem. But crackers are the best.

No comments: