Sunday, March 28, 2021

March 28, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Mi Hyang Faulks.

Mi Hyang is my new friend. When I was in Mexico she and her husband moved into the neighborhood. They purchased the house sold by the folks who moved into the home right beside me. Every day she walks her dog and everyday she admired my house because it is smaller than most of the houses in Roses Bluff and my house is on the water. She also figured out quickly that no one was home. No car and never a light. The week before last, she spotted the car in the front and she was excited so came and knocked on my door and introduced herself. Mi Hyang is tiny and was wearing tennis duds so seemed even smaller. And she is charming and enthusiastic. I invited her in and we chatted a bit. Her parents emigrated from Korea when she was ten in 1970 and moved to Vicksburg, Mississippi. If you turn your back she speaks with a southern accent but when you look at her she looks Asian. She is so small I thought she was from the Phillipines. And she graduated from the U.of Mississippi, Ol Miss. She is married to an American. They lived for many years in Georgia, and her husband worked as a solt ware developer and she as a physical therapist. Her father had lived with them for several years after her mother died and after they sold their store in Vicksburg so she and her husband decided to come back to Mississippi. By then her husband was working from home so they could live anywhere. And they moved into Roses Bluff Subdivision. On Friday, I took Mi Hyang and Donna, my across street neighbor out for lunch. Donna's charming 9th grade daughter came too. We had a fine time. And I have a new friend. She is not working and she has never lived in Jackson so she is not inundated with friends and family responsibilities. She has time for me. I am delighted to have a new friend living down the street. Once again, I got lucky.

No comments: