Sunday, March 14, 2021

March 14, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Home in Mississippi.

I like this house for reasons large and small. The shower is perfect with bars on all four walls. And there is a bar on the outside of the shower for getting in and out. The views from the living room and bedroom are spectacular, overlooking the reservoir and I can hear the geese honking to each other. The toilet seats are high. The size is perfect and I can function on one lever. The house is big enough to walk around but not so large that you get lost. I have good spots to get my work done. I read and eat breakfast in the corner of the living room. I sit on the couch in the living room with my iPad beside me and a charger plugged in by my side. My chair is comfortable in the small TV room where I eat my lunch and dinner. And there is a charger beside my chair in the TV room. So I am effecient while living here with everything in place when I need it. And then there is Kashina. She helps me with the big things . She drives me where I need to go. Tonight she will stay over night here in order to get me to my Pet scan at 7:30. And she will work on Wednesday to take me to two tests at the Cardiologist's office. She does the laundry and empties the dishwasher. And she puts out the trash to the street. She works three mornings a week, arriving at 8:00 and leaving 12 0r 1. I need her twice a week but she prefers to come three times for shorter times, which works fine with me. And she helps me with the small things too, tasks that I am not able to do. This morning she changed all the clocks. The clock beside my bed has such small instructions that it is impossible to see, so Kashina fixes it. Also she filled the automatic soap dispensers in my bathroom. I can not pour and hold the containers. I put the soup all over the counter. Ken bought these two sainless steel automatic soap dispensers for us years ago. When they arrived, I questioned why we needed those dispensers. Ken informed me that he could not hold the soap dispensers and also hold the walker so for him the automatic dispenser was essential to him. Whe I got home Thursday night the one beside Ken's sink would not work at all and mine gave me a dribble of soap. Now they both work perfectly, thanks to Kashina. Yesterday at lunch, I poured myself a glass of milk. Unfortunately I poured a lot of milk on the counter. My eyes failed me. If Kashina had been here she would have poured the milk for me. So she makes my life pleasant by helping me in my Mississippi house. The whole package works well and I like living in this house.

1 comment:

faizan22 said...

Soap dispensers for bathrooms are a convenient and hygienic way to dispense soap while washing your hands. They can be mounted on the wall or placed on the countertop and are easy to refill with liquid soap.