Saturday, March 27, 2021

March 27, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Satisfying Game.

On Saturdat evening, I always watch a part of Hockey Night in Canada. And I always cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs, just as I did when I lived there. Today I turned to the third period to discover they were down two goals to the Edmonton Oilers, the team with perhaps the best player in hockey, Connor McDavid. I always enjoy watching Edmonton play because they are so fast and tricky. But I don't cheer for them. I just enjoy watching them play. But something happened in the third period. The Leafs scored two goals to tie the score. And the goals were pretty nifty. During overtime, the Maple Leafs scored, winning the game. Edmonton had been adead during the whole game, until the last few minutes when the score was tied. They must be devastated with the loss. But not me. I was delighted with the win for Toronto. There is really no reason why I feel good just because the Toronto team won a game. But I do.

No comments: