Monday, March 15, 2021

March 15, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Health Update.

Better is always a good thing. This morning I had yet another Pet scan. The results were not perfect but were definately better. We were all pleased at the doctor's office today. One large lesion now has scar tissue rather than active cancer. And another lesion on two ribs is muh smaller than before. Thanks to Ibrance and radiation my scan is better. Evidently, there are other factors too. I was in a warm comfortable climate and I have very little stress in my life. And I stay happy and positive in my attitude which apparently is a factor in the immune system. So once again, my scan looks better than the last one. In the Fall of 2014, I was in a bad situation. I had stage four breast cancer with cancer in my bones, a chest full of liqued breast cancer cells in my left chest cavity called a pleural effusion and a large mass in the middle of my chest. Without treatment, I had 4 to 6 months to live. But with modern medicine, here I am, still walking and talking and living an interesting and enjoyable life. Because of the Ibrance, my immune system is not good but other than that, I am albe to live my life. I just must stay away from groups of people who might have an infection. The infusion chemo got rid of the pleural effusion and the mass, followed by the Ibrance, that has taken care of the cancer in the bones. Fortunately I had no cancer in my long bones, neither legs or arms. The cancer in the rest just keeps coming back. But Ibrance just sends it away. For me, it has been a miracle drug. So here we go. Better is definately good.

No comments: