Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 31, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Exterminators.

Ever since we moved to Mississippi, I have been the best friend of the exterminator. Within the first six months, we had an infestation of tiny ants, called sugar ants. It happened when we were in Nova Scotia the first summer after we moved into the house. The cleaning lady Elizabet cheaned them up but when we came back home in the Fall, we had more sugar ants. So we called the exterminator. He was good. We paid him a fee and he guaranteed he would send the tiny ants away. And he did. But it took him at least a dozen trips to get rid of the little guys. They are also called Argentine ants. Next I heard scratchings in the attics of the living room and bedroom. Our friendly exterminaor checked for openings and closed them up. And he put out bait to kill the rodents. The handyman inspected and closed up onenings. He assured me that whatever I heard was on the roof. I have lived here since the Spring of 2015 and everytime I come back I hear noises in the attic so I once again call the exterminator. In addition, every quarter he sprays inside and out. I have very few bugs in the house. And he checks for termites too. Every time he comes, he puts out bait and I hear no more noises. But the next time I come, I hear them again. I do not like these noises. This time, what was being done was not working so I asked to speak to the owner. He came to meet with me and inspect the house. Much to his surprise, when he went to the attic, he spotted a racoon. All along the technitian was treating the house for stuff to kill rodents. And he left traps. But still I hear the noise from the attic. Now the boss man has left traps. And he has figured out that the racoon is entering through a vent that the racoon cleverly pulled away from the roof. Every day the boss comes and every day he brings other bait to lure the racoon into the trap. But every day I hear the sounds. Now we are having a battle between the boss and the racoon. And all along, I am getting to be good friends with the owner of the exterminating company. Kind of funny.

No comments: