Monday, March 22, 2021

March 22, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Eye Doctor.

Dr. Kosko is a nice young doctor. His area of expertise is advanced glaucoma so he is a perfect fit for me. This morning I met with him to evaluate my eyes. I can report that I am not getting worse with my eyesight which is a good thing. Staying the same is not as good as getting better but it definately is better than deteriorating. When I see him again in mid October I must have a test for the field of vision so will be able to tell if I am really staying the same. My vision is far from perfect but I can function with the vision I have now. So staying the same is certainly a good thing. Dr. Kosko has four young children, all close together with the youngest just about one. Once a year he and his wife get away together for a short time. His wife's parents love to stay with the children which is pleasant to everyone. In the Fall of 2019, when his wife was pregnant, he and his eldest took a trip to Maine together and had a wonderful time. They were hoping to come to Nova Scotia in 2020 but the border was closed. His wife has always wanted to visit the Canadian Rockies so this June, the two of them planned to fly to Calgary and tour the area north to Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. Me was dismayed to discover that it is impossible. The border is still closed. From a medical standpoint, he commented that it makes no sense. He had his inocoulaion in January and his wife in March. They have had no covid but yet they are not able to cross into Canada. And according to the Prime Minister, opening the border is a low priority. Not good if you work in the tourist industry. So Dr. Kosko and his family must wait another year to visit Canada. I am beginning to think that the people who make these rules both in the US and Canada just like making those rules and are not willing to relinquish their power. When is over going to be over? We must wait and see.

No comments: