Wednesday, March 17, 2021

March 17, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. High Tech Tests.

This week I had three tests that provide the doctors the information of what is going on inside my body. The tests are impressive and very high tech. I have little idea of how these tests work but I do know that the young people giving those tests are competent. For me, the tests are irritating but not difficult. Doctors these days spend very little time in physical evaluation. They never look at your body. They just want these fancy tests. Today I had two tests ordered by my Cardiologist. The tests were done in his same building. My appointment was for 10:15. After checking in I waited 2 minutes before the young lady called my name. She would perform the tests. The first test was an ultra sound of my carotid arteries. My left is occluded so Dr. Cotton wants to be sure that the right will not change. When we first moved her he wanted to run the test every 6 months. As it had not changed at all for three times I suggested we could do the test once a year. Now I have him convinced that every 2 years woul be acceptable. The youg lady has been running these tests for 17 years so she is good at it. She explains what is happening and urges me not to talk as it interferes with the test. The swooshing of blood through the arteries is always reassuring. Next up and on the same table was an echo cardiagram, also done with ultra sound. I lay on my back and she puts stuff on my chest. Then the swooshes can be heard, which is a good thing. I was back in the car in under 45 minutes. The results are sent via computer to Dr. Cotton, the cardiologist, who after reviewing them will contact me with issues. If all is well I can read the results on my medical chart. The Pet scan on Monday is also impressive. Once again, these highly skilled young men perform these tests. They are pleasant and effeient. I am always impressed with their expertise. Nifty tests, all three. Modern medicine is amazing.

No comments: