Thursday, March 4, 2021

March 4, 2021. Playa Royale, Mexico. Travel Shows.

I enjoy watching travel shows on TV. One of the problems is that Rick Steves programs are almost all about Europe. I like more variety. But yesterday his show was on Egypt, which surprised me. The program as also an hour while most of Rick's shows on PBS are thirdy minutes. I especially like the show because I have never travelled in Egypt. Of course I have read lots and lots of the country but I really enjoyed the program and wished I had visited there myself. Most of the programs I see on TV are old so I assumed the filming was in some earier to travel time. But it was actually done in 2020. I always watch for the year the filming was done, which is always posted at the very end. Rick may be launching out into a new world. I hope he continues. Joseph Rosendo I just discovered last year in Mississippi. I enjoy his shows because he visits places all over the world. Today I watched his show on Southern Alberta, a place I know well. The photos are beautiful and the history was interesting. The Blackfoot tribe lived there for hundrds of years and they still have centers for educating the young folks. And Joseph visited Waterton National Park, which is a beautiful place just on the border. The Prince of Wales Hotel is an old and lovely resort. Ken and I stayed there for a couple of days and the caterer from Liverpool took a job there as the executive chef, much to my sorrow. A month ago Joseph did a show on San Antonio which I also enjoyed. Travelscope is the name of his show. I am glad I found him. Now that I am unable to roam the world, travel shows are the next best thing. I gain information along with beautiful photographs. Works for me.

No comments: