Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April 13, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My Subaru.

Sunday morning, Kashina and I got in the car to meet the family for brunch. But the car would not start. When I was away for the winter in Mexico and the temperatures plunged, my car would not start. Christina had the car towed to the Subaru dealer where they replaced the battery. The car is a 2017 model and the battery was original so they replaced the battery and all was well. But now the car would not start, which was irritating. We drove to the brunch in Kashina's car. Monday morning I had the car towed to the dealer. Subaru has an emergency service. When we bought the car, the salesman suggested that we no longer needed to keep our membership in AAA but we ignoed the advice. I did contact the emergency service but it was complicated getting through so I called AAA. They were at my door in 10 minutes. The service man was pleasant but he did not do what I wanted which was for them to put in a new battery. They checked out the battery and it was fine. They charged the battery and this morning we picked up the car. We had Chris, my very own Lyft driver drive us to the Subaru service counter. And we drove it home. Brian, the pleasant man had no idea why the battery failed but he suspects the car is not driven enough. Kashina and I must take some trips into the country. I am not confident. My experience with cars is that when a battery fails, you need to replace the battery. Kashina disagrees as does Brian from Subaru. Time will tell. I did tell Brian that I will be very upset if next Sunday the car will not start. But for the moment, the car is in the driveway ready to take me and Kashina to the At&T store on Thursday, where I intend to buy a new phone. Whoopee!!

No comments: