Monday, April 19, 2021

April 19, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Racoon.

The racoon in my attic has gone. I now have no sounds eminating from the area above my chair in he living room, the one where I eat breakfast and read. Catching the rscal was not easy but Billy, the owner of the company perserved and finally caught it. Billy had set two traps in the attic plus one on the lower deck. But the racoon was too clever to go into the trap in the attic but eventually went into the trap outside where Billy caught it. Since the racoon was caught in the trap, I have heard no loud sounds from the attic. Peace at last. Billy also installed a camera in the attic, which allerted his phone if the carera flashed. But since the racoon was trapped, the camera has not gone on, except once when Billy triggered the camera when installing more bait. Just to be sure, we have kept the traps in the attic for another week plus the camera. Tomorrow, Billy will come to remove the traps and the camera. I have also asked him to give me a comprehensive contract. I thought I had a contract with the company but it turned out that I only paid for the termite coverage. They treat for bugs every quarter which I pay for via the credit card. And I was paying every time I heard strange sounds in my attic. The technitian would come and set traps for the rodents which I paid. When the noises did not go away and I called, the same young man would come and do the same thing. Which I once again paid even though it had not worked. Finally, I asked for a meeting with the owner and he found the racoon. Tomorrow, I hope he will give me a proposal to cover all critters in my house so I can pay one fee and everything will be covered. He is coming tomorrow morning. Getting rid of the racoon was not easy. Every day Billy came to my house. His fee will be high. But in the future I want the payment to be made prior to troubles in my attic. Soon I can see if what I want is affordable. Strange sounds in the attic do not please me.

No comments: