Friday, April 23, 2021

April 23, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Vegetables.

I have a new system to eat vegetables. A few weeks ago, just before Easter, I was looking through a catalogue that sells food products. I was actually trying to find something to send to my two families. I ended up not sending them anything but I did spot something that would be good for me. I saw several pages of veretables, cooked and seasoned. The containers arrived frozen so all I need to do was to put the packages of vegetables in the freezer and then follow the directions on the boxes. I went a little nuts. My bill was almost $600. But now I have enough vegetables to eat for the next several months. I take two packages out at a time and cook them both. Kashina cooked mashed potatoes and root vegetables on Thursday. For the next few days, I eat from the two packages plus I was still eating leftover meat from the barbecue. Then for my next meal I eat a big salad. So I am eating more vegetables which pleases me. Fortunately, the vegetables taste good, The root vegetables are nicely seasoned and the garlic mashed potatoes are delicious. And last week I ate risotto with zuccini which was also tasty. Cooking vegetables for one is tedious. Now my proble has been solved. When I run out of the vegetables from the fridge which I heat in the microwave, I just will take two more from the freezer. Kashine will read the directions and cook them in the oven. Then I eat from the package for many days. The real question I ask myself is why it took so long to find these packages of vegetables. But no matter, I now can eat my alloted amount of vegetables every day. Gill will be pleased.

No comments: