Sunday, April 18, 2021

April 18, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch.

My favorot meal to eat at a restaurant is lunch. I like everything about it. I like the price of lunches. And I like the size of the portions. And I like the length of time it takes to have lunch. So very often I take a friend out to lunch. My main social life is going out for lunch with a friend. On Wednesday, I went out for lunch with Donna and Sandy. Sandy was my neighbor but last year she moved to a new house in Madison just five minutes drive. Sandy and Archie spend 6 months in Highlands, a place in South Carolina so we did not overlap much. But I always enjoyed her company and we always got together when we were both in our homes. But Archie died just before I came home. Donna, my neighbor across the street, said that we should take Sandy for lunch after things settled down for Sandy. Wednesday was the day. Donna drove and we picked up Sandy to go to a new restaurant in Madison, called The Half Shell. I have been in touch several times with Sandy since my return and she seemed to be doing well. When we saw her I was pleased. She was always busy with bridge and her family and she has continued that pattern. She and Archie had planned to take a cruise on the Snake river in May and her daughter will go with her. And she will drive by herself to their summer place, stopping several times with friends on the way. We three decided at lunch that we would go out for lunch once a month whenever both Sandy and I are in town. We have already made our next date for April 30, just a week before Sandy leaves for the cruise. I was delighted to see Sandy doing well. And she was pleased to see us too. Going out for lunch is a great pleasure especially with two good friends.

No comments: