Thursday, April 22, 2021

April 22, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. A Change of Plans.

I was all set. My reservation to get me to San Antonio on May 18 as in place. Kashina had already planned to stay overnight on the 17th so she could take me early to the airport. Everything was in place. Then I received a phone call this afternoon from son David with a proposal. He will be driving home with Abigail from University on May 17. She is at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina. And she will be bringing all her belongings because she will graduate this year. David suggested that they stay overnight with me in Madison and then I drive with them to San Antonio. All of a sudden, my brain was racing and I thanked him for the offer and told him that I would get back to him. I spent an hour or so mulling over the issues involved. I already have paid for my ticket so will I get any funds back. And we will be driving in Abigail's truck so I was concerned if the back seat would be comfortable. I felt sure they would put me in the front seat which means either David or Abigail would perhaps be unfomfortable. And I did not really know if they would be going out of the way to pick me up. Those were the issues. I did not want to be a nuisance. When I spoke to David this evening, he assured me that they could come via Jackson or furthur south but the distance was the same so they were not going out of their way to pick me up. David said that Abigail sleeps in the back seat, stretched out across the whole seat so she will be fine. And he said that he would be comfortable enough in the back seat when Abigail would be driving. And we both decided that even if I do not get any funds back, what does it matter. We would have a good time on the drive. Spending an evening and a whole day with my son and one granddaughter will be a real treat. And I appreciate David thinking of me. In addition, David suggested we have dinner on the 17th with Christina and the girls, which is an added bonus. So I switched horses in midstreat. I will drive to San Antonio on May 18 with Abigail and David. We will have fun, I feel sure.

No comments: