Wednesday, April 21, 2021

April 21, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Date Night.

Lots of things change when you get old. For instance, once upon a time I often went out in the evening. I went out to dinner or to the movies. I went to book club and to concerts and plays. But now that I am old I seldom go out in the evening, so when I did go out to dinner last evening it felt as if was date night in Madison. In preparation I showered and put on fancy clothes. And I waited at the front door for my dates. Carrie and Brooks are good friends who do many favors for me. I take Carrie out for lunch every so weeks but I seldom get to talk to Brooks. I had read two of his books when I was in Mexico and I wanted to talk to him about one of the books. So I invited them out for dinner last evening. Carrie does not eat much meat so I gave them two options for dinner: The Half Shell or Elys, which is a steak house. She seleted Elys because she said she thought it a better restaurant. This pleased me because I have only dined there once. It does not open on Sunday for brunch and they are not open for lunch so I am out of luck. The only time I ate there before was when I took the Morris family for dinner before they left for Atlanta. I enjoyed my dinner but I have no idea what I ate. I only recall that I was surprised that Andrew, their skinny son did not order a big steak. I have been waiting to return. Last evening was that night. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Carrie and Brooks picked me up and insisted I sit in the front seat. Our dinner conver sation was interesting. And the food was delicious. Brooks ate steak. Carrie stuffed shrimp and I ate delicious scallops. My final crown will be put in next week and I did not wish to stress the temporary crown by chewing on a steak. They both brought me right to my door which a real date would do. I loved my date night. Absolutely nothing not to like. I might even do it again.

No comments: