Wednesday, April 7, 2021

April 7, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Dentists.

Dentristy has made much progress over the past 50 years. But no one ever wants to go to the dentists office. But we all do. For several years Ken and I have had our dental work done in Mexico. Their dentists are well trained and they cost half of American prices. So now I had no dentist in Mississippi. But I do now. Last December when I was busily eating nuts, my lower molar became sensitive so I stopped eating nuts and I began chewing on the other side of my mouth. The pain went away so I ignored it. As I am on Ibrance, I did not get my teeth cleaned in Mexico because I did not wish to be around more people. I had no more troubles with the tooth...until Monday when I was at lunch with friend Bo, when a filling came out along with a chunk of the crown. I knew to fix the tooth would not be easy. When I came home for lunch, I texted Donna, my neighbor for the name of her dentist. Fortunately, they had a cancellation the next day so yesterday I met with Dr. Burns, the dentist. The staff seemed pleasant and efficient. My appointment was for 1:30 and my name was called back to see the dentist at precisely the ccorrect time. I was pleased. After xrays and consultation with the dentist, we had a plan. First I would have a root canal the next day at another office. Dr. Burns does do root canals but not in big teeth with two roots. My appointment for the root canal was for 3:00, an appointment they made for me. Now I am home and all is well. The procedure is uncomfortable but not painful. It was all very high tech. Now I must not use the tooth for two days and take 4 Iboprofens every 6 hours for two days. The dentist gave me a prescription for stronger medication for pain but I will not fill it. Next I see Dr. Burns next Wednesday at 8:00 to put in another crown. So just like that, I have my own dentist who I like plus a dentist who does surgery. I am all set. The whole root canal did not even hurt. Dentistry has made progress. And the dentist who did the root canal was a young lady. Whoopee.

No comments: