Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 15, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. My New Phone.

Today Kashina and I went to the AT&T store to buy a new phone. My family assured me I neded one. I own a Smart phone 6, which is clearly old as the ones they sell now are the iPhone 12. But i demurred because when I asked, the only thing that seemed valuable was the longer life of the battery. The new phones have more gargets but I do not use those features. But I was convinced by Molly that I really needed a new phone. So in I marched into the phone store to buy a new phone. The young man who helped me looked to be 16. He asked me what I did on the phone. And he asked me how often I run out of battery. And he asked me when I charge the phone. Then he told me that he did not think I needed a new phone. In fact, he said that many people who buy a new phone because they are fed up with the life of the battery come back into the store for more lessons. The new phones have a new system which he said is not easy. So he urged me to keep my phone until I need more battery storage. At the moment, my system for charging works well. I have a charger by the chair in the TV room and another beside me on the couch where I read e mails. I charge the phone at both places and I never run out of battery. That young man saved me lots of money so I bought a charger and cord for the car. Kashina kept telling me that I could buy the car charger cheaper on line or at the gas stations. But that young man helped me a lot so I felt obliged to buy something from him. He was the most unusual salesman and he did me a big favor. And he was very pleasant and did not tell me that I was too old to learn the new phones. He merely told me that I did not need a new phone. "Your old phone works perfectly well for what you are using it for," he said. I agreed and thanked him and kept my money in my pocket.

No comments: