Monday, April 26, 2021

April 26, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Bossie Flossie.

Florence was the leader of our timbrel brigade. She taught us to beat our tambourines in a uniform pattern so we called her Bossie Flossie. Everytime the Songster brigade gave a concert, the timbrel group were on the program. We were all young ladies mostly in our teens. And Flossie taught us and put us through our paces although she was just one year older than my sister Carol. Now when I phone her and call her Bossie Flossie, she knows immediately who it is on the phone because many of the folks in the group have died. This week I talked on the phone with Flossie, the first time since December that we have chatted. So we had lots and lots of catching up. We talked for ages. And I enjoyed every minute. We went through the list of everyone we knew as kids and we tried to figure out what had happened to them. Between the both of us I think we managed to figure out what happened to everyone. Last week Florence moved into a retirement/extended care facility. Her sister Joyce and her husband Bill, both my friends too, have also moved into the same building. They both have their own condo, then take their main meal in the dining room. Florence and I discussed how much our families help us, now that we are old. She is three years older than me and when she moved, her daughter and her husand came to help organize her belongings. And they drove from Vancouver to help. Her son has lived with her in her condo for the past three years and has been a huge help with her daily life. So we both agreed that we were fortunate with our families. There is nothing that pleases me more than talking on the phone with my friend of 68 years. Bossie Flossie comes right from my past. We both laughted.

No comments: