Saturday, April 17, 2021

April 17, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. The Weather.

My sister in law, Wilma, posted a picture on Facebook showing her deck and picnic table covered with snow. It looked to be 6 inches of snow. And snow fell in Hawaii today which is certainly unusual. I read only the headline so did not know which island but it was probably the big island, Hawaii. Sitting on your balcony in Hawaii wearing shorts and sandals might give you a surprise when the snow falls. My friend Mary in Liverpool told me today on the phone that the forecast tomorrow for Nova Scotia was snow. Crazy weather. The heat has come on in my house. Tonight the forecast in Madison will be in the 40s. Spring here had arrived and the temperatures have been in the 70s but not today. We had a high of 65. And next week we will continue to have cooler than normal temperatures. Mississippi people enjoy these cool days and nights because they know that the hot weather will arrive soon. But it does make me wonder what happened to global warming. Fortunately, I had not yet switched over to air conditioning. so my home is warm and cosy. But I am back to using a wrap over my legs when I watch TV. I had actually put the blanket away but last evening I was forced to retrieve it from the closet. My legs were cold and I felt as if I had chill blains, whatever they are. Soon I will return that fleece to the closet. The temperatures will go up eventually.

No comments: