Saturday, April 3, 2021

April 3, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Rainbows.

Rainbows always seem a bit like magic to me. All of a sudden, a rainbow appears, just the same as a rabbit popping out of a hat. We see rainbows often in Nova Scotia out over the water. Sometimes we see both ends, the full half circle. Once I saw a picture of a whole circle from space which really did seem to be like magic. The people who live in the green house around the bay from us in Nova Scotia, tell us about the afternoon a rainbow they could see from their house that ended right at our guest house. According to them, it was a spectacular and unusual picture. They oftem mention the picture but so far I have yet to see it myself. But a pot of gold right at the end of the rainbow over your own house is a pleasant thought. My front door in Madison has a glass door and side lights which are made of bevelled glass and lead. Many afernoons, when the sun is bright and at the correct angle, little bits of rainbows appear in my entrance on the floor. It is a spectacular sight. Of course, the rainbows do not last long. And they do not appear every day. But when they appear, I like it and wish they would last longer. Any bit of the colors of the rainblw brings pleasure, especially when they appear on the floor of my house. Now I am waiting for the pot of gold.

No comments: