Thursday, April 1, 2021

April 1, 2021. Madison, Mississippi. Social Life.

For several years, my social life has been limited. When I am taking Ibrance, I can not safely be around large groups of people due to my low white cells. And when Ken contracted Parkinson's Disease, he was unable to drive at night so our social life was with each other, or with small groups of peole we knew well. But now I am alone, I took the advice of friend Alice Anne. She told me that as now I was on my own, if anything was going to happen to me, it must start with you. "Nothing will happen automatically to you," she said. So I have taken her advice. I organize my social life. Today I had lunch with Carrie, my friend from down the street. We ate at a seafood restaurant. She picked me up and brought me home. And we had a good time. So my luncheon dates are a major part of my social life. Tomorrow MiHyang is coming for coffee. So that is the second part of my social life, inviting friends for coffee. Last week I had lunch with MiHyang, Donna and her daughter. Again I enjoyed our lunch. Our conversations are always interesting. Kashina comes three mornings a week so I have her company while she helps me at home. And we do errands together and she takes me to doctor appointments. The cleaning lady comes every Monday morning so I get to visit with her a bit. And of course, Billy the exterminator has been coming every day to corral the racoon. I talked to my friend Buth this week. He asked me what I was doing this week. When I told him everything I was doing this week his comment was that he was jealous of the amount of social life I have each week. And of course, I enjoy brunch with the family every Sunday morning, always at a wonderful restaurant. So my social life is not extensive but I do work hark to keep my life interesting. And the best part is that I do have fun!!

No comments: