Monday, July 12, 2021

July 12, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Workshop Bedroom.

Our Mississippi friends came to visit in 2019. They came at the same time as Christina and the girls so I was short of sleeping space so I put the twin boys , who were 17, in Ken's workshop. I cleared out lots of Ken's stuff so Ian and Godfrey could sleep on the roll-away cots. We called it their workshop bedroom. It worked well so I got the idea to turn the workshop into a proper bedroom. The following winter, George, our buildre, installed ceramic tile floor. But then along came Covid and no one could come so the project came to a screeching halt. In June, I ordered a new King sized bed along with a mattress cover and sheets. Suzanne ordered a new coforter for the bed along with pillows. That we ordered from Amizon, Canada. They have arrived. The last time Don and Doreen came to visit here, Don mentioned that he does not do well on stairs. The only bed I hae here in Nova Scotia is in the Workshop Bedroom, so the bedroom needed to be finished, or at least livable when the come this summer. Annd and I spent time on Friday and again today to move furniture and make up the bed. The place retains the look of a workshop. Ken's antique workbenches are still in place and lots of tools are out on view on the shelves. But the whole room looks quits charming. David will bring the two bed side tables he has made and will attach the head board to the frame. This will be done tomorrow. He made the furniture from pine, which matches the trim on the windows. I will also get him to hang a painting made by Bernie. Ken hung it on a wall that he could see when he was working on his kayak, but now it will hang over the bed. It is quite a nice piece. Bernie was trying to show movement with machines. Perfect for a workshop we thought. I am pleased with the workshop bedroom. As it always had a full bathroom with shower the room will be useful. Both Anna and I are pleased.

No comments: