Thursday, July 8, 2021

July 8, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Mary MacD.

Mary is a good cook. And she actually enjoys cooking. But for the beginning of Covid, she has been cooking only for Walt. Since my arrival, she has showered me with good food. The first day she brought me a large piece of lasagna which should have served two meals but I ate the whole thing my first evening here. It was delicious and was perhaps the best laagna I have ever eaten, which is why I ate the whole huge piece. In addition she brought me 4 banana nut muffins, which I managed to eat only one at a time. The first one I ate with butter but the muffins were so moist that I ate all the rest without butter. In addition to the lasgna she brought me 2 six inch pieces of a bagette which also served me for several days. Then last evening at 6:30, Mary called to ask if I would like chili for dinner. She made a big pot of chili, which Walt was right then eating. Of course I said yes. So after a few minutes a knock came at the door and the chili arived. As I am ilolating, she did not come in but the chili was still warm in the container so I ate half of it immediately along with a warm roll. Now I have the other half to eat for lunch tomorrow. I learned my lesson with the lasagna when I ate the whole thing. I am fortunate to have a friend such as Mary and I am especially fortunate that my good friend Mary is also a good friend who happens to also be generous. I am a lucky lady for sure.

No comments: