Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 4, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Welcome Home.

The gate was open, a sure sign that the house is being lived in. And the whole house was alight both inside and out. As I seldom go out at night in Nova Scotia I seldom see the whole house alive with light. The house looked to be glowing and was a wonderful sign to welcome me home on Friday night. The door into the garage was unlocked by Mary who also turned on all the lights. When I came into the house, I could feel the warmth. Friday all day it rained so Mary turned on a bit of heat in the living room which was also welcoming. And Mary put groceries in the fridge fo me. As I looked around the garage and the inside of the house I could see that the house was clean as a whistle. Jacky had come several times prior to my arrival to clean the main house and Guest House. And she made up the bed with flannel sheets, even turning down the sheet corner, again welcoming me to get into bed. Coming home here to a clean house is always a pleaure, thanks to Jacky. And the Internet, TV and telephone were all working too. Eastlink had turned on the service mid June but Joey, the computer man came to check the systems to be sure they were running well when I arrived. And they did. By the end of the day today, the house is in order with everything in it'splace with glasses of water beside my chairs and all mail dealt with. Many people were responsible to make the home welcoming me home. For that I am grateful.

No comments: