Wednesday, July 14, 2021

JULY 14, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Rules.

Yesterday was the day that ended my isolation. I was interested with the rules for quarantine. When I arrived, one official told me my dates. I entered Canada on June 30, which they count as day one of isolation. So On July 7, I was instructed to take my covid test, which I did. And she told me that July 13 is my last day of isolation. But on July 2, I flew to Nova Scotia which she knew, so certainly was not isolated. Evidently they only count the nights when I am by myself. Anyway, I am finished and I must say that the isolation was no hardship. But I am celebrating tomorrow with Karen at lunch. We in Nova Scotia have entered into phase 4 of the recovery from the lockdown. The rules are long, telling when to mask and how many can enter a restaurant. People are fuzzy about what they should be doing. Gill is still puzzled by the new rules, especially when she is still getting e mails and texts that she should be following the old rules. Mary and Walt intended to drive to Maine just for a couple of days. But when she discovered all the rules when they were returning to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia they decided to cancel their short trip. The rules were so complicated to bother for such a short journey. When Mary spoke to officials about coming back to Canada she was not sure if she was hearing old rules or new rules. So she gave up. They will take a trip after all the rules have gone away. I talked with Kathy tonight. She and Beian live at Beach Meadows and have basically been at home since March, 2020. She commented that people are not sure what to do. Even though masks are not required unless in crowded situations, she still sees people wearing masks. The mask has become a security blanket. At the Farmers Market every Saturday, she notces people wearing masks even though the market is outdoors. Kathy commented to me that people glare at you if you are not wearing a mask. Interesting. All I know is that things are looking up. Now if they will just open the border I would be happier and so would the Mitchells and Elys.

No comments: