Friday, July 30, 2021

July 30, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Main Street Liverpool.

At least once every season I walk the whole street. The length is perfect. And I go into every store. Today I was on a mission. I wanted to go Christmas shopping for goods produced in Nova Scotia. Anna and I had a good time. In addition to shopping and exploring, I got to get in my walking for the day. Today was a perfect day for shopping because it rained most of the night and morning so most people would not have selected today as a good shopping day. But Anna and I own rain coats so we were eager to head our and start shopping. We parked on the lowere parking area so after a visit to the bank we walked up the hill to Main Street. The first thing we bought was bread which Anna took immediately to the truck while I visited with Andrew at Adja Gallery. He has survived Covid and is now busily painting. During our walk, I found three excellent stores. The first useful store was Pellian Cove, a gift shop attached to the pharmacy. I bought coasters and a pair of Nova Scotia mitts. Next was a place called South SHore. The store is wonderful and large. Everything in the store is made in Nova Scotia. It is a bit like going to the Mississippi Craft Center, but on a small scale. The last store I liked was a coffee shop that Anna and I intended to have a cup of coffee and a pastry but they ran out of pastries by 10:30 and we were there at 2:00. But they have a gift shop at the front where I found treasures. Our arms were laden down so we headed home. On the way to the truck we stopped at the consignment shop. I buy things every year so the owner recognizes me. I sit while the owner brings me things I might like. I bought 4 shirts and one dress. All for $30. We were home by 3:00. And that is why I love our Main Street. We walked the whole length of Main Street, ate lunch, shopped and yet got home mid afternoon. I do love Main Street Liverpool.

No comments: