Friday, July 23, 2021

July 23, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Stuff Breaks.

For some reason that I do not understand, stuff just stops working. This week, the Culligan man came to check our water in both places. All was well in the main house but when he got to the Guest House he discovered that the water was not running. Obviously he could not check a system that was not working so he was required to return at a later date. The week before I arrived the hot water tank was replaced because it was leaking. Fortunately Jacky noticed the water leaking all over the floor when she was cleaning. But all was well after that. Anna and I had been in and out of the guest house and Anna had used the washing machine. But now the water was not running. What happened? Fortunately the plumber came after lunch on the same day. The control panel had stopped working. Now all is well. Peter is staying in my Mississippi house, isolating with his daughter who tested positive at camp. When he tried to use the ovens, nothing happened. Neither oven would work. I know that Kashina used the ovens two weeks before I left and Christina used them at Easter. But now the ovens are not working. I can do nothing to get it fixed because of the isolation so Peter must use the microwave. My question is how could the ovens stop working when no one was using them? Seems crazy. When I was paying the plumber I asked him what happened to the water system. His terse retort was, "Things just break". And that is the answer I guess.

No comments: