Thursday, July 15, 2021

July 15, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Real Work.

I have always enjoyed watching skilled people do their work. Watching men take down a tree right beside my house in Mississippi was lots of fun. They had to be so careful yet every movement was coordinated one with the others. It was impressive. Yesterday afternoon I watched real work being accomplished. David made two bed side tables for the workshop bedroom so he brought them over and put them in place. They are a perfect fit. Next he attached the headboard to the frame of the bed. He attached the headboard with 4 big screws so the headboard will not wiggle. David made the headboard too, all made of the same clear pine. They also match the trim of the windows. Next he hung the picture, painted by Bernie. Now it is over the bed and is the first thing you see when entering the room. The ropes were still hanging from when the kayak was hung up close to the ceiling. I asked George to put the kayak up high to get it out of the way because the Mississippi boys needed to sleep in the workshop. Eventually I gave the unfiished kayak to Abe, Anna's husband but the ropes were still dangling down . But no more. The last task for David was to hang the Connor name in the garage. Last summer I had Connor the boat taken down and sent to the landfill. But I asked to keep the letters of the name. Next I asked David to put the letters on a board which we could put on the wall of the garage. Now thanks to David's hard work, Connor lives on the wall in the garage. Now all the work in the workshop bedroom has been done. I enjoyed watching it take shape.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Ruth, I came across your blog while looking up information on Bernard Bowles. It seems we are neighbours of sorts as I live in Beach Meadows. It’s great that you write every day. Just wanted to say hello!
Karen S.