Saturday, July 17, 2021

July 17, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. White Point Resort.

In January, 1999, when we were looking for property, Ken and I stayed in a cabin on the beach at White point Resort. We had a little wood burning stove in the cabin which made the place cosy and warm. I enjoyed the place all those years ago and my sentiments have never changed. I like the place. Today, friend Sandra and I went to White Point for lunch and I fell in love with it all over again. Their food is better than years ago. Today I ate haddock and a salad, which was perfect for lunch. This year they have a new executive chef so you never know what may happen but today was fine. In the summer of 2019, White Point had the best food in town. We will see about 2021. When you first drive into the resort you pass the golf course. Immediately you must drive across two fairways so you must watchout for the golfers in order to avoid getting hit by a golf ball. So I laugh about that bit of whimsy. The location of the main lodge is perfect, right along the shore with a long beach going out to the side. There is a deck where you can eat outdoors overlooking the rocks and the beach but we elected to sit inside by a big window. The sun was bright and the umbrellas had not been put out so we stayed inside. In years past, the grounds were full of rabbits. The desk keep small bags of food for the children to feed the rabbits. But this year we saw no rabbits. But the grounds looked lovely. And I was delighted to once again eat lunch at White Point.

No comments: