Tuesday, July 13, 2021

July 13, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Health.

Jacky was cleaning my house today. After she came down after cleaning my bedroom she asked me about the Ibrance box beside my reading chair. She has seen Ibrance advertised on TV and wondered what it was. So I told her what it was and why I was taking it. I started the story with Ibrance and me from 2015 to the present which is a miraculous story. She was surprised to hear my history."You look so healthy and energetic," she said. "I would have never dreamt that you are right now taking chemo therapy for breast cancer in your bones." But I am. When I get checked at the doctors offices and have my vital signs checked, my numbers are all good, so I remind the nurses that I am perfect. And we all laugh. But I am doing well. I walk every day and I talk every day. My cheeks are rosy just like all good Canadians. I eat good food. And I am definately not fading away. But the most important part of my health is that I am njoying my life. Nothing that is the matter with my health interferes with my pleasure. This evening, Mary and Walt brough me dinner but before they left we sat on the deck enjoying the beautiful evening. There was a bit of coolness in the breeze. The sun was bright. The sea was calm. We all agreed that this evening on the deck was perfect. Then after a visit, they went home while I went inside to eat dinner. If I sit still when you are looking at me, you would think that I am in the pink of health. And for the most part, I am. How fortunate am I?

No comments: