Monday, July 26, 2021

July 26, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Busy Sunday.

The first activity I did was watching the Olympics while eating breakfast. That was the beginning of a wonderful day for an old lady like me. Next up for me was being picked up by friend Frances at 11:30 to take me to lunch with her sister Vera, who was visiting from Winnipeg. We went to Lanes Privateer Inn. First we ordered decaf coffee. And we ordered brunch. And we talked and we waited for our food. Then we drank another cup of coffee. Then we talked and waited for our food. Finally Fran asked why our food was so slow arriving. The waitress admitted that the cook called in sick and the young man got behind. And she apologized. We three just laughed and agreed that we were enjoying our conversation anyway. Eventually we ate our delicious food. And the waitress brought us three pieces of coconut cream pie with no charge. Finally I was home at 3:30. But we had a good time, despite the wait. At 5:00, John and Nancy picked me up to take me to Sanda's house for dinner. Sandra is a good cook and I have enjoyed dinner at her home many times over the 22 years I have lived here. And I have always enjoyed the conversation with the four of us. We began the evening outside in the screen porch where we ate tasty appitizers and drank a glass of wine. Our dinner was served at the dining table where we ate onion pie which was unusual and tasty. Along with grilled baby carrots and picked beets I enjoyed dinner. For dessert we are fresh peaches and raspberries served with meranges and whipped ream. After more good conversation in the living room, John and Nancy brought me home. Now that was a special day for this old lady. I enjoyed every minute of my busy Sunday.

No comments: