Saturday, July 24, 2021

July 24, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Olympics.

This 2020 Olympics is certainly different. First off, the games are being run in 2021. And seconly there are no fans. The only hollaring you hear is the other competitors. Other than that, the competition looks the same. The athletes look fit and excited and the competition is stiff. The Opening of the Olympics was on TV last evening. Ken never enjoyed the opening event. He thought it was boring with too many speeches and entertainment that failed to entertain. During last evenings event everything he did not like came to pass. Even I was bored. And the coverage by NBC did not help. I still stayed up late enough to light the Olympic Flame. But the events on day one were exciting and lots of fun and I enjoyed watching the events. My problem will be timing. I am staying up too late. I love to watch the competition and I hate missing the events I most enjoy. But I live in Atlantic time. I may resort to either not watch after a certain time, or get up late every morning. Prime time here is 9:00 so it is midnight by the time coverage ends so by the time I get upstairs and look after my night time rituals, it is 1:00 before I get to bed. But if this is the most difficult decision I have in my life I should feel myself fortunate. I must figure it out.

No comments: