Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 6, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Time Zones.

My eating schedule while I lived in Mississippi was dictated by what I wanted to watch on TV. I do not enjoy sitting at the table eating by myself because it makes me feel sad. Instead I find something I want to watch on TV and sit watching while I eat my meals. For lunch I watched two travel shows, start9ng at 1:00 Central Time zone. My favorite evenin shows begin at 7:00 which again is perfect for my evening meal. Antiques Road Show, Finding Your Roots, Nature and American Masters all air at 7:00. If I do not like a show at 7:00, I find something good at 8:00 which is still OK for a late dinner. But this does not work in Atlantic Canada. The time is 2 hours later in the Atlantic Time Zone than Central Time. The evening shows here begin at 9:00 which is too late for dinner. If I have company, I have no trouble because we always sit at the dining table. But so far, no one has said anyhing about visiting Nova Scotia so I must figure out a different sysem for TV and eating. During the last Olympics I said I was going to fly to Vancouver so I could watch the Olympics earlier in the evening than Atlantic Canada. In order to watch the Olympics, I was forced to stay up very late. I might just stay up later than normal and then sleep in later in the day. In the past, Ken and I ignored the t differences in the time zones. But this year for me it is causing me trouble. Tennis from Wimbleton starts here at 9:00 am rather than 7:00 in Texas, which is good. But I must find something to watch for my meals. And I must do it soon!!

No comments: