Sunday, July 18, 2021

July 18, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Weather.

This morning the day was sunny and bright. and on my phone the temperature was 70F. I wondered if I would go for a walk outside. But I ate breakfast late and I lingered while I watched the Open golf tournament. By the time I turned round, the sun had gone away and it felt like rain, which it did. Gill walked over to say hello and when we chatted the rain came harder so by the time she was ready to leave, it was pouring. Fortunately David N. dropped over to bring me a jar of home made chicken soup, so he took her home. All the rest of the evening I could hear the dripping of water on the deck and by the time I came upstairs it was 60. When we first moved here someone commented to us that if we did not like weather at any given time, just wait. The weather will change. And it does. The other morning, out of nowhere, a storm appeared. It lasted 5 minutes but the lightning and thunder were eough to take out the TV, Internet and telephone. The storm came and went before I realized it. But for several days I have been looking out at what appears to be a lake. The sea is calm. The waves barely make a noise, even with the change of tide. Ken and I have never noticed that the weather has been an issue here at Western Head. In fact, I like it. I never know what is coming next. I just enjoy whatever comes my way..

No comments: