Friday, July 9, 2021

July 9, 2021. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Sitting By the Sea.

Yesterday afternoon I sat on the deck looking out at sea. That was the first time I had been out on the deck since my arrival and I was reminded why we spent time sitting in the same spot enjoying the evening air. But I was specifically on the deck to check for any signs of the pending storm which was coming up the coast. Yesterday must have been the calm before the storm because the sea was peaceful and calm. I could hardly hear the waves. Later in the evening Walt e mailed me to say that the storm was going furthur inland across New Brunswick so no storm for us now. Every day when I look out at the Atlantic Ocean I see a different sight. I know that the water is always there but the water is different every day. That is why I enjoy looking at the ocean. It is the sme as sunsets. Every one is different and equally beautiful. Tonight the waves are noisy. I can hear the wind and I can hea the waves crashing on the shore. I am pleased to be inside and not on a boat. I am fortunate to be living at four different bodies of water. When Ken and I were turning 60, our goal was to live by water so bit by bit we did it. In Mexico I overlook the Pacific Ocean and watch the sunset evry night. In Texas we overlook Canyon Lake and most evening the family gahers on the deck looking at the lake. Even if it is hot during the day, as we look east, the deck is always comfortable. In Mississippi I live looking at the Reservoir where I watch the boats come and go. And here in Nova Scotia I enjoy watching the variety in the Atlantic Ocean. Once again, I feel fortunate to be looking out at a body of water. But I especially enjoy the Atlantic storms. So here we go. I bet the surfers will be out in force tomorrow.

No comments: