Friday, January 14, 2022

January 14, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. The Neighbors.

I live on the 7th floor of tower 3. Tower 2 is right next door, on the next section of a horseshoe. I cam see the balcony of the unit in that 7th floor of tower 2. From time to time we have chatted but we are certainly not close friends. Suzanne R. was the first one to strike up a conversation with my neighbors in the next building and Rita has talked with the lady several times but for me, I mostly just wave. They own their condo all by themselves so come for long periods of time. Also they live in Calgary where the winters are severe. Last year they did not come. In fact, when they came this year for the first time, they had not been here for 20 months. Over the years, we have observed their patterns. When they are by themselves, mostly they stay indoors. We do not see them out on the balcony for days at a time. We knew they were there bbecause we could see a light. But when they have company, they eat on the balcony and they talk. Since last Saturday, they have had company, a couple from India. The owner told me that they met their friends at a large chuch gathering years ago but this visit is their first to Playa Royale. Being nosy, I would want them to speak up just a bit so I could hear more easily what they are saying. We are not used to hear many sounds coming from the condo across the way from me. Ken and I often wondered what they did all day. Do they watch TV? The only time the man came out to the balcony was when he was on his phone. One interesting aspect of my neighbors is her fascination with iguanas. She looks for them in the palm trees in front of her unit. The first thing she asked me when I first spoke to her this week was to ask if I had seen any iguanas. I said no but that Wendy and Ken has spotted one by the pool. She had already found one on the grass and of course, pointed it out to me. Their friends left this afternoon so of course, we did not see them on the balcony tonight. I bet they were watching TV.

No comments: