Sunday, January 30, 2022

January 30, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Another Lovely Day.

My day began drinking coffee on the balcony with my family. The weather was perfect. Our favorite restaurant, La Isla, is just down the street, so we five walked down for an 11:00 brunch. Ken Bthen . walked quickly ahead of us in order to arrange for a table, which proved to be wise because by we arrived and were seated, the place was full. Our brunch was delicious and the breeze was cool so we enjoyed ourselves. And we walked home with no trouble, especially with Anne on one side of me and Wendy on the other. I can walk faster when holding on to two arms. Next Ken and Wendy went to the beach while Kenny went to work on their boat. Anne read on the balcony. I took a nap. Then I walked down to talk with my friend Rosa at the pool. I also chatted with my friends Kathy and Ted, who have been ill since their arrival. So I had a good visit. After drinking my orange drink on the balcony, I read my book. One by one we gathered and soon we reconveened on the balcony for sunset food and margaritas, the guacamole dip made by Anne. Dinner on the balcony was excellent: left over Risotto, made by Kenny yesterday, sauteed squash, salad and chicken grilled by Ken B. This evening our house is quiet, with everyone reading. By itself, no activity was dramatic but when put together as a whole day, it leads me to say that I had a lovely day. The whole was greater than each individual part. It was indeed a special day.

No comments: