Friday, January 21, 2022

January 21, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Walking.

One of the good aspecs of living in our place in Nuevo Vallarta is that you naturally do a lot of walking. We always walked to the market in the Plaza. And we always walked to the time share/hotel. Just getting to the pool is a bit of a hike. And we always walked out to dinner. So just by going here and there, you walked a lot. And people walk the beach every day. Wendy and Ken always walk the beach every day. In the morning, they walk one way and in the afternoon they walk the other direction. So the walking comes naturally every day. You did not intentionally go out for a walk to get some exercise. Anne and Kenny are working on their boat so they walk to their boat at the marina after breakfast, then walk home for lunch, then repeat the process in the afternoon. So they get a fair bit of excercise just getting to and fro from our condo to their boat, which they like. Ken and I have always enjoyed all the walking here in Mexico. Of course, my legs are not what they used to be. I try to walk between 3000 and 7000 steps a day. If i walk over the 7000, my legs give me trouble when I sleep. And if I walk under 3000 steps a day my legs just hurt. So the happy medium is what I look for. I must be careful on the days we are walking out for dinner that I do not walk the balcony during the day. Normally, if I am not required to walk to lunch or dinner, I walk on the balcony. It is the safest and easiest place for me to walk. Unfortunately, my legs hurt when I walk. I always hope that my neuropothy legs will feel beter the longer I walk but that does not work. The longer I walk the number my legs feel. And they hurt too. But I just keep on going but always careful not to walk too long. This year, I have strong arms to help me walk. I can walk faster when I am holding onto two peoples arms. Pretty nice for me to have this help. And the best part is that I can walk down the street for dinner, with the help of my friends. Nifty.

No comments: