Tuesday, January 25, 2022

January 25, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Our Routines.

Not only do we have routines, here at Playa Royale, we also have rules. Our systems work very well. When we fist arrived, Wendy and Ken would not allow me to buy groceries. Neither would they allow me to accompany them to the Mega grocery store. In the past, I would accompany them to the store and I would fill a cart. But this year, they told me that as I was providing the condo, they were going to buy the groceries. So they did and have continued to do so. In addition, Ken cooks dinner while Wendy prepares breakfast and lunch. Since Anne and Kenny have arrived, Anne helps with meals and groceries so everyone is happy. That routine did not set so well with me so I made the rule that we would eat out at lunch once a week and I would pay the bill. And I recommended that we would eat out once a week for dinner, something that Ken and I almost never did. We ate lunch at restaurants but never dinner. So on my dime, we go out once a week for both lunch and dinner. The cooks get a break and I feel better about my relatives buying all the groceries. Our system works very well. We all five enjoy the decision as to where we will dine out this week, and then selecting the days when we go out to dine. Many times we walk to the restaurants and they help me with walking. This Thursday we are going to Porto Bello, the Italian restaurant across the canal. On Monday, we ate lunch at the golf course, one of my favorite places for lunch. All I do is sign the bill after we dine. And everyone is happy. No fuss or muss. We all know our role. Our routine works well for everyone. Pretty good system I would say.

No comments: