Wednesday, January 5, 2022

January 5, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Perfect Timing.

Sometimes, the timing is perfect. Even though the timing went all out of whack, in the end, everything turned out to be perfect. Just after 4:00 this afternoon I arranged with Marlin, the conseiege, to get membership cards for Wendy and Ken. But first they needed to stop into her office to take a picture for their cards. I walked down to the pool and sat, trying to figure out how to reach them at their palapa. I knew I could never to be able to find them on the beach. So I asked one of the security men to find them but even after several attempts, Wendy and Ken could not be found. Marlin leaves at 5, so time was on our side. I ordered nachos and drinks brought to my chair, hoping that eventually they would appear. Finally, Wendy went to the restroom so I called her over to tell her what I needed her to do. So she and Ken went up to meet with Marlin. By now it was after 5:00 which is Happy Hour at the beach restaurant. Finally our waiter appeared, just after Wendy and Ken had returned to the pool, carrying 6 cups of margarhitas for us and one plate of nachos, full of cheese, avacado and refried beans. Nothing moves very fast in Mexico so by 5:30 our little table was loaded with all six drinks plus the big plate of loaded down nachos. It was 2 for 1 drinks. We just got lucky. The evening was delightful and we enjoyed ourselves sitting beside the pool enjoyed the delicious nachos and sipping our drinks. The timing could not have been better even though nothing as I expected. Some days you just get lucky.

No comments: