Monday, January 31, 2022

January 31, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Cruise. Autumn. 2023.

This morning I accomplished a lot. I booked a cruise for the Fall of 2023. I had been thinking about options. And Wendy found a cruise from Halifax south along the coast, ending at Fort Lauderdale. This morning I spoke to the folks at Silverseas to fill in the details. The ship is small with 240 passengers. And it is an expedition/historical cruise so the ship will be carrying an historian and 2 naturalists. Before any excursions, the naturalist and historian will fill us in on the details of what we will be seeing. This certainly pleased me. And a naturalist is usually on the bow of the boat at any time, spotting for birds and sea life. Last summer, friend David had said that he would go on any trip with me, both to help me and to see new sights. So I took him at his word and I booked the trip for the Autumn of 2023. After I had paid the deposit and finalized the booking, I called him to let him know what I had done. Fortunately, he was thrilled. Right now he is excited about our cruise up the St. Lawrence River and the Great lakes which begins on May 14, 2022. In addition, I upgraded our room at the Hard Rock Resort and booked a Presidential Suits. Wendy and Ken will be in the Presidential Suite with me. Wendy is happier being in the same suite with me and the Presidential has a living room and dining room which will make it easier for Kenny and Anne to meet us before going to dinner. I made a mistake taking the cheaper option with 3 separate rooms. Now we have the Presidential Suite which will be much more comfortable. Ken would have never booked the cheaper option. Over night I decided I was being silly. Life is too short to pass a better option. Now I have only piece of the puzzle for the winter of 2023 which is February 11 at Playa. I will request the 4 weeks on Feb.11 and then see what happens. So far, the year 2023 has worked out well and I am pleased.

No comments: