Saturday, January 15, 2022

January 15, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. January, 2018.

Kenny and Anne came visit us at Playa Royal to spend a week of fun in the sun. It was January, 2018. Ken was in the hospital so instead of having fun, they helped me visit Ken in the hospital, and they cooked dinner every night. They visited Ken together and they visited him by themselves so Ken was able to talk with them at length. In addition, Kenny and son David helped set up my on line banking, which along with Christina, kept my bills being paid. They also took an excursion or two and also sat on the beach a time or two, but for the most part, they helped me. They were a godsend to me in January 2018. One of the topics of conversation with Ken was the proposed trip taking their sail boat from their Vancouver home to visit us in Nuevo Vallarta. The plan was to retire, sell their house and sail. But first, many decisions needed to be done. And we discused all possibilities. They have done every one. They sold their house and bought a condo. They upgraded their boat. They retired. They gathered information about life on a sailboat. One by one, all the questions were resolved. Fast forward to January, 2022. This evening we sat on the balcony and gave a toast. Here we are, together in Nuevo Vallarta. They have sailed down the coast and today have docked their boat at the Paradise Village Marina, the same one I e mailed them about when Ken and I were dining at the Italian restaurant overlooking the marina. I had spotted many Canadian flags and right at the spot, I invited them to bring their boat here. That was in 2016. Now they are here and Wendy, Ken and I are delighted to have them here. It dook a while. But here we are and we are all as pleased as punch.

No comments: