Sunday, January 9, 2022

January 9, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. Families at the Pool.

Both the mothers and the fathers play with their children at the pool. For me, it gives me great pleasure watching. At this point, most school aged children have returned to school both the Mexican families and those from North America. So we see the young children probably under five, the ones who are delighted to be in the water. One whole end of the pool is shallow so that is where they play, endlessly throwing their balls and floating objects. The parents play with the children, especially the Mexican families. I watched three little boys playing with their father. Each of the boys had a ball. Each boy would throw the ball to their father which he would catch, then throw the bakk back to the little boy. The kids were perhaps 3 or 4. What astonished me was that the boys were not able to catch the ball. Never. The ball either bounced off their hand or their shoulder. I watched for ages and I thought that eventually the boys would catch on to holding onto the ball. But they never did. The father also never give them any instructions. He just patiently threw the balls back, one boy after another. From my background in athletics, I tried to find out when boys begin to catch the ball when it is thrown at them. I know that many children are never able to catch a ball. These little boys were trying. But they were unsuccessful. But it did not matter. They were enjoying the game of catch with their father. Everyone was enjoying the game. The mothes and fathes seem to be having as much fun as the kids. The play was always quiet. No loud shrieking or yelling. Just lots of giggles and laughter. A swimming pool is the best play area for families. I have certainly enjoyed watching the fun. It is another of the simple pleasures I enjoy in Mexico.

No comments: