Friday, January 7, 2022

January 7, 2022. Playa Royale, Nuevo Vallarta. My Resort.

Playa Royale is the name of the resort I live in Mexico. It is a made up of five towers of condominiums. I live in tower 3, unit 701. By far, most condos are owned by one owner, just like any other condo. People either stay in their unit or they rent them out. My ownership is different. When the place was first being built, Ken and I looked to buy our own unit but Ken did not want another property to manage. Ken said,"I do not wish anothe dishwasher ." So that was that. Instead, several years later, we purchased a fractional ownership in tower 3. Only 4 floors on the tower 3 were turned into our type of ownership. Floors 7 to 10 only. And you were allowed to buy 5 weekss at a time. We bought a total of 10 weeks. We have been happy with our purchase. If something is not working, we call the front desk and they send a man to fix it. We have two lockers where I keep my belongings. It is a turn key operation, which is what Ken wanted. Today I requested the use of the condo for January 2023. You are allowed to book a year ahead so at 8:00am Pacific Time, I submitted my request for January, 2023. Two hours later, my request was granted so we three expect to be here in a year. Pretty nice thought. Now on Jan.27, I will submit my request for February, 2023. And that is how the system works. The rules do not allow an owner to get the same time one year to the next but as we own ten weeks, I am able to switch off year to year. The system has worked for me. Several other owners of our unit live in Mexico City and do not wish to come in January and February. Instead they want to come during the sumer weeks when the children are out of school. My friends tell me that they struggle to get the weeks they want but we have never had those troubles. This fractional ownership is a spin off of the time shares. The difference is that we actually own 10 weeks of the same unit so we always come back to the same unit. With a time share, you are assigned to any unit. The system workes for me. Today I got approved for January 2023. Now I will try for February soon.

No comments: