Thursday, July 14, 2022

July 14, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Fall.

Last evening I spent the night at the Queen's County Hospital.  But now I back home, still walking and Talking/  But not yet eating much.  

At about 4:30 in the morning I got up to go to the bathroom.  Getting up from the toilet I lost my balance and I fell forward onto the floor and hit my head.  I checked all parts of my body and then began calling Suzanne and David.  Fortunately, David got up to the bathroom too and found me.  Suzanne immediately went for the ice pac the knot on my hear while David called for the ambulance.  They were not speedy but evenly I was evaluated and we all decided to keep my in the ER all day and night, which is what I did.

I seemed to have a gastric ailment, which perhaps was one reason for the fall.  So I have had the trots all yesterday and today, which is the reason I am not eating much except fluid.  Another reason for falling was the medicine I was using for my back spasms.  Up until then, I was taking one 5ml. pill.  In order to sleep well on Thursday evening I took 10ml,, which was a mistake.  So I will not make that mistake again.

By the time David and Suzanne left the hospital the big knot on my hear had gone.  So we were dealing with the trots and the dizziness.  They loaded me up with a drip to keep my hydrated.  And to allow me to recover from the fall.  David and Suzanne have been incredibly helpful buying what I needed.  And Anna came to stay the night tonight  with me to be sure I will fall again.  In addition, she will help mre on Tuesdays and Thursday until I am fully recovered.  No fall is a good fall but I was fortunate.  I am still walking and talking.

No comments: