Sunday, July 24, 2022

July 24, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Pleasant Day.

Larry and Jan offered to bring a light lunch today.  With all my company I had not seen then since the end of June.  They arrived just after 1:00.  Soon after that, Gill walked over to check up on me.  Of course, she was invited to join us, which she did.  We sat in the living room sipping white wine and munching on smoked salmon with cream cheese, onions and capers.  The food was delicious along with the good company.  For dessert we ate mangos, strawberries, a biscuit and whipped cream.  Gill left for home while Larry and Jan stayed until 4:00.  I enjoyed their visit.

While they were here, David brought me goodies he had cooked: hodge podge and fruit salad.  He did not stay as he was on the way to take his dog to Sand Beach.  But now I have dinner for tomorrow.  At 5:00, Sue and Steve came to set up  to soak my feet.  We chatted for ages.  This ended my very pleasant day with friends.

For supper I ate squash soup, made by Mary MacDonald and brought to me on Friday.  I ate half that same day and was delicious.   My friends here in Nova Scotia enhance my days.  And for that I am grateful.  

No comments: