Thursday, July 21, 2022

July 21, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. The Empty House.

Everyone left for Texas on Tuesday morn  ing.  After they left at 7:00, the house was deathly still.  So I went back to sleep after saying goodbye.  I had enjoyed  sixteen days with good company.  Now I miss them.

After I fell, David and Suzanne thought that I needed more help at home so Anna agreed to come in Tuesday and Thursday, in addition to her normal Monday and Friday.  She actually stayed over in my bedroom the first night I was home from the hospital and she worked on Thursday too that week..  From than on, she will work with me from 10 to 4.  I was not sure what she will do for those extra days but today we managed to fill the day.   And my cleaning lady is now coming to clean on Wednesday so someone will be here to check on me five days the week.

But when Anna leaves I am alone in the house and the house is very quiet.  But next week my friends Tom and Joyce will come for just one night for a short visit so I will enjoy their company.  This evening friend David came by for a visit.  And on August 2, Pat and Mal will visit for two weeks.  I am hoping cousins Rita and Ian will visit in September.  So the house will not be empty too long.  And for that I am happy. 

No comments: